x̌ast sx̌lx̌ʕal̓t from your Chief Harvey McLeod and Collette Sunday, the EOC Director. With the announcement of additional Provincial restrictions that the Provincial Health Officer Dr. Bonnie Henry announced on Monday, March 29, 2021, we are asked to remain in our own communities to limit the spread so only travel for work or medical.
Further, the Public Health Order that took effect from March 29th at 11:59pm to April 19th at 11:59pm states:
- that indoor religious gatherings and worship services are suspended until May 13, 2021.
- All indoor low intensity group classes are cancelled and only single gym workouts will be allowed.
- All restaurants, bars and clubs are closed for indoor dining and will only be allowed takeout unless they have an outdoor dining space.
- With that being said she also encourages working from home where possible and keep your children home if they are sick.
- Also get tested as soon as possible.
- Children grade four and up are encouraged to wear a mask during school at all times while away from their personal workstations.
Further, we are still not permitted to have indoor gatherings of any size but we are allowed to be outside with up to ten people either at a park or our residence. Still sticking to our main people, do not gather with new people. We would like to encourage the community to remain safe and reach out if you need assistance. With numbers rising we cannot let our guard down and must continue to do our part to keep everyone safe. The covid hotline is still available as well. 1-888-274- 2564.
Remember to wear your mask, wash your hands often, sanitize around you and sanitize your area and anything you touch. Keep your hands away from your face and sneeze/cough into your elbow. With the numbers rising we need to stay more vigilant and help each other out.
We will continue to monitor the situation and provide updates on a regular basis.
You may download the April 21st UNB EOC bulletin here.