Pacific Blue Cross Health Benefits
On September 16, 2019, the FNHA’s new benefits partner provider Pacific Blue Cross, will now administer on behalf of the FNHA for dental, vision, medical supplies and equipment, and drugs not covered by PharmaCare. Currently, approximately 144,000 First Nations people in BC receive these benefits primarily through Non-Insured Health Benefits (NIHB) – a national program that provides coverage to registered First Nations for a specified range of medically necessary items and services that are not covered by other plans and programs.
FNHA clients and their health care providers will find the new system easy to use, with streamlined requirements for pre-approvals and quick turnarounds for adjudications and payments.
Access Pacific Blue Cross (PBC) Membership
- Your 10 digit status number will be your PBC benefits membership number
- You can also print your own PBC Member ID card from the site or continue to use your status card
- There is a large network of health care providers registered with PBC. Many of these providers can offer direct billing services
- Your pre-approvals follow you if you change health care providers
Your Member Profile Can be Downloaded with the PBC Mobile App. By Creating a Member Profile.
You may also:
- Look up detailed coverage information
- Get reimbursed via direct deposit in as little as 48 hours
- Check your balance for your benefit
- Search for vision care providers who are registered with PBC
Contact Health Benefits for information by telephone at 1.855.550.5454 or email: email@example.com